Send your construction pics to content_at_themeparxdotcom

Post an Update
Page 2 of 2 First Page 1 2
Posts 11 - 17 of 17
Local Name:
Budget:
$353M
Announced:
07 Sep 2013
Construction Start:
Opening:
Location:
Area:
20 ha
Developer:
Consultants:
Designers:
Contractors:
Ride Suppliers:
Other Suppliers:
  1. Alina is offline Curious Chap
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    3
    Active construction is underway on the territory of the Silk Road Samarkand. It is scheduled for opening in the Q1 2022. The complex includes various zones for business, entertainment and cultural purposes.

    One of the key projects is the Eternal City historical and ethnographic complex, which recreates the image of an ancient eastern city - a kind of Uzbekistan in miniature.





    Another zone is an eco-village. By spring 2022, the creators promise to plant a garden city, which will be the only arboretum in Uzbekistan. 180 hectares will be planted with greenery. Trees were brought from different countries.



    One of the features of Silk Road Samarkand is an artificial volcano with a pool.

    Source: https://profi.travel/articles/54161/details

  2. The total cost of the project is estimated at 353 million dollar. To date, work has been completed for 726.3 billion soums (67 million dollars). It is planned to put the facility into operation in the first quarter of 2022.

    The client is Samarkand Touristic Center, the designer is Turkish Arup, and the contractor is Singapore's Enter Engineering. Bakhtiyor Fazylov, entrepreneur and Chairman of the Board of the oilfield services company, Eriell Group (it was reported that he is also the main shareholder) and Enter Engineering (one of the largest EPC contractors in Uzbekistan, Gazprombank is among the shareholders) owns 60% of the company’s shares, the remaining 40% is owned by NBU Samarkand Invest.

    The owner of the trademarks Silk Road Touristic Centre, Marakanda Group Hotel, and Savitsky Plaza is Samarkand Touristic Centre.

  3. This looks like Ashgabat in Turkmenistan or Putrajaya in Malaysia.

    More like a government city than an entertainment zone.

  4. SiteSeeing101 is offline resortX Top Investigator
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    32
    More concept art of the planned complex:





    Source: https://ftnnews.com/tours/42742-new-tourist-complex-silk-road-samarkand

    Google Earth discloses that most of the buildings are already on the rise:



    Source: Google Earth


  5. MarkEm is offline resortX Top Investigator
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    490


    Silk Road Samarkand is a modern multiplex which is set to open in early 2022 in eastern Samarkand. The complex covers 260 hectares and includes world-class business and medical hotels, eateries, recreational facilities, park grounds, an ethnographic corner and a large congress hall for hosting international events.
    A central feature of Silk Road Samarkand is the 2-kilometer-long channel which divides the complex into northern and southern sections. The water brings a cool freshness to the desert climate while beautifully mirroring the surrounding structures. This artificial channel has served as a training base for Uzbekistan’s athletic rowing crews for decades and will retain this function in the new tourist center so that guests can watch the canoes and kayaks as they pass by.




    Source: https://www.advantour.com/uzbekistan/samarkand/silk-road-samarkand.htm

  6. admin is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    272

    Silk Road Samarkand

    Status: Announced

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts